Categories:

Meet The 2024 Homecoming Court

Get to know your Homecoming Court with a Q&A
Meet The 2024 Homecoming Court
Emma Beckman and Nate Kline
Emma Beckman and Nate Kline

Emma Beckman

Q: What went through your head when you found out you were chosen for homecoming court?

A: I was excited to be on court with all my friends and make good memories

Q: What are your top three favorite things? 

A: Sports, Spending time with family and friends, and late night drives

Q: What are your plans after high school?

A: Attend a 4 year college and go into the dental field

Who is your favorite teacher, and if you could tell them one thing about how they changed your life what would it be?

My favorite teacher is Mr. Cassidy, he changed my life by offering me advice when I didn’t think I needed it.

Q: Anything you would like the student body to know about your or homecoming this year?

A: Get involved with the week and have fun with it. Go to the game, the parade, the dance, and dress up.

Nate Kline

A: When I found out I was chosen I was honored that my classmates voted for me to be on the court.

A: My top three things are football, music, and spending time with friends.

A: My plans after high school are to play football in college, I’m undecided where I want to go or what I want to major in.

Sydnie Wass and Ben Frazier pose for Homecomings Court
Sydnie Wass and Ben Frazier

Sydnie Wass

Q: What went through your head when you were chosen for homecoming court?

A: When I found out I was on court I was actually pretty surprised. I was also very honored that my classmates think that I would be a god candidate and I am so happy that I have the opportunity to experience with my friends because not many people do.

A: Softball, friends and family, and books

A: I plan to go to a 4-year college for softball, pursue Pre-Med and Biology and then eventually move onto a 2-year Physicians Associate program to become a PA in the emergency room

Q: Who is your favorite teacher, and if you could tell them one thing about how they changed your life what would it be?

A: My favorite teacher is Mrs. Knight and if I could tell her one thing about how she changed my life I would say that she is the reason that I continued on with school and sports even when all I wanted to do was quit and I have her to thank for that.

Ben Frazier

A: I was excited to hear my name, as it was unexpected for me

A: My favorite three things are football, Adele, and Pizza

A: Go to Wartburg on a business major and become a real estate broker

A: Mr. Heinz is my favorite, he gave me a bunch of opportunities to be great in his class

Q: Anything else you would like the student body to know about you or about homecoming this year?

A: Thank you for voting for me

Sydnie Wass and Ben Frazier pose for Homecomings Court (Nicole Goodman)
Myla Ortman and Bryce Westemeier
Myla Ortman and Bryce Westemeier

Myla Ortman

A: When I found out I was on court I was pretty shocked, I spent the whole week assuming I would not be on it because I spend most of my time around the same people but I was very excited

A: My 3 favorite things are probably my family, friends, and Lana del rey if i’m being honest…

A: After high school I plan to go to University of Iowa and study to become a Child Psychologist!

A: There have been so many impactful and amazing teachers for me but if I had to pick one it would probably be Ms. Knight. She changed my life by helping me realize that my struggles are not failure. She is so easy to talk to and such a wonderful person! She also helped me grow a love for psychology which led me to picking a career in that path.

Bryce Westemeier

A: The first thing that went through my head when I heard I was chosen for court was excitement I also felt very honored to be chosen by my peers

A: Food, sports and lifting

A: My plans after high school is to continue my athletic and academic career

A: My favorite teacher is Tomah he has helped me a lot through my educational and athletic career. One thing that he has changed about me is my work ethic he has made me a much harder worker. He has also helped me a lot with my leadership skills.

Myka Bromley and Nohle Cooley pose for Homecoming Court
Myka Bromley and Nohle Cooley

Myka Bromley

A: When I found out I was chosen for homecoming court I was shocked, I didn’t think I would be on it. Since I am a transfer student, I was super excited and honored to be a part of the court.

A: Some of my favorite things are Kid LAROI, Jimmy Johns, and playing softball and volleyball.

Q: What are your plans after highschool?

A: My plans after highschool are to attend a four-year college and get a major in Aviation and become an Airline pilot.

A: My favorite teacher is probably Ms. Knight, she is always positive and she cares about you as a person. She helped me get out of my shell when I first transferred.

A: I am a student pilot and I am currently flying to get hours to get my Private Pilot License.

Nohle Cooley

A: I internally screamed when court ballots were announced over the intercom. I gasped in a tumultuous tone, almost hopped out of my seat and did jumping jacks around the room. All in all, I was super duper DUPER shocked that I myself was nominated in the 2024 Homecoming Court.

A: I love art because it’s a way that I can express who I am, I love music as my form of therapy. It helps me regroup with myself in hard situations, and I love fashion because it’s a form of art too.

A: I plan on going to the University of IOWA. I want to incorporate art for what I want to do with my future, but that could change throughout time. I am also very interested in archeology. I think that it is fascinating and eye opening to learn about human ancestry.

A: I love all the teachers. but some teachers that I absolutely adore are Mrs. Wagner. Every time I see her, it makes my day. She is the most understanding, the most genuine, and the kindest teacher/human being out there. I love her. I think that every teacher at West highschool is awesome, they work hard, and all the teachers I have had, thank you for everything you’ve done.

A: For my IB art class, towards the end of the year our class has an art display. I am deeply excited for it and for people to see what I am really good at.

Myka Bromley and Nohle Cooley pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
Rachel Herbert and Clark Miehe pose for Homecoming Court
Rachel Herbert and Clark Miehe

Rachel Herbert

A: I wasn’t at school when It was announced and so a few of my friends texted me and I was really surprised and very excited, especially since I get to experience it with some of my best friends.

A: Soccer, Forrest Gump, and iced matcha

A: I plan to attend a community school for the first two years to then transfer to Iowa State University. I hope to study a field in marketing and advertising.

A: My favorite teacher was my 4th and 5th grade teacher from Kingsley Elementary, Mr. Boney. He was always very inspiring to me because he taught in a hard and strict manner but it was clear he was doing it out of love. It made me realize how important a quality teacher is.

Clark Miehe

A: When I first found out I was on court I was really excited because of what an honor it is and because my sister was on homecoming court when she was a senior at west.

A: Spending time with my friends and teammates, baseball, and lifting weights.

A: After high school my plans are still undecided but I plan to peruse a career in the automotive industry.

A: So far at west high my favorite teacher has been Mr. Waddle even though he doesn’t teach here anymore.

Rachel Herbert and Clark Miehe pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
Sedina Begic and Tannen Bell pose for Homecoming Court
Sedina Begic and Tannen Bell

Sedina Begic

A: When I found out I was on court I was very excited and the thoughts that went through my mind were how many people voted for me; and how there were so many people to vote for yet I ended up being 1 of the 9 girls chosen, this had me in disbelief and I’m thrilled to be on court.

A: Being with family, Tennis, and Camping

A: My plans for after high school is to go to college and start studying the back and to try and pursue  a career in healthcare

A: I would have to say my favorite teacher is Thoma and the way that Thoma had impacted my life is by making me work hard on my strength and pushing me to my limits I don’t have him this year but he has taught me that staying consistent and dedicated can take you a long way and get you to your goals.

Tannen Bell

A: I was surprised and Grateful for being nominated.

A: Fashion, Track and Field, Music

A: After high school I plan to go to Iowa State University to study Engineering

A: Mrs. McLean was like a second mom to me and so many others- she always gave Good Advice!! Mr Heinz always went above and beyond to make sure I understood Chemistry Concepts and helped me after class to achieve success.

A: I enjoy running Track and attended the Drake Relays and State Competition representing West High in the 4×200 and 4×400 relays. I have been a member of Link Crew and Boys basketball for 2 years at West.

Sedina Begic and Tannen Bell pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
Ariana Bajramovic and Ben Ritter pose for Homecoming Court
Ariana Bjaramovic

Ariana Bajaramovic

A: I found out I was on court while at the WCC, many of my friends texted me congratulating me. I felt a bit overwhelmed but obviously honored to be chosen as one of the queen candidates!

A: My top 3 favorite things are my friends and family, painting and drawing, and volunteering

A: I don’t have a favorite teacher specifically but as a student who takes IB courses, all of my IB teacher have definitely become some of my favorites. The classes start to feel like a little family or home away from home. They should all know that their teaching has truly impacted my high school experience for the better.

Benjamin Ritter

When I heard that I was accepted to the homecoming court I was very excited to be chosen knowing there were a lot of kids who wanted this spot. I was very surprised at being selected because sometimes you just suspect others will get the vote.

A: Running, adventuring and making money

I’m planning to attend a four year college with the interest in joining the cross country and track team, majoring in biology with plans to go to dental school.

A: My favorite teacher is Mr.Boney from Kingsley Elementary because he prepared me for the future by setting high expectations for all and expected a lot out of everyone. He was a role model that created leaders for the future. I also had Ben Barnett because he said a quote that has stuck with me forever which is “Attack Each Day With Enthusiasm Unknown To Mankind”.

Ariana Bajramovic and Ben Ritter pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
Anna Christensen and Brady Dean pose for Homecoming Court
Anna Christensen and Brady Dean

Anna Christensen

A: When I heard that I was accepted to the homecoming court I was very excited to be chosen knowing there were a lot of kids who wanted this spot. I was very surprised at being selected because sometimes you just suspect others will get the vote.

A: My top three things are running, adventuring and making money

A: Planning to attend a four year college with the interest in joining the cross country and track team, majoring in biology with plans to go to dental school.

A: My favorite teacher is Mr.Boney from Kingsley Elementary because he prepared me for the future by setting high expectations for all and expected a lot out of everyone. He was a role model that created leaders for the future. I also had Ben Barnett because he said a quote that has stuck with me forever which is “Attack Each Day With Enthusiasm Unknown To Mankind”

A: Enjoy your years and get involved because they will be over quicker than you think

Brady Dean

A: When I found out I was on homecoming court, I was excited because I get to represent myself and our school with other people.

A: Football, Music, Family & Friends

A: Play football in college and study business

A: Mrs. Martin because she is one of the most genuine people I know. Even though I no longer have her class she still says hi and checks up on me.

Anna Christensen and Brady Dean pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
Jada Smith and Jahlil Manago pose for Homecoming Court
Jada Smith and Jahlil Manago

Jada Smith

A: When I heard that my peers chose me to be on homecoming court, I was filled with joy. I was happy to know that I am well-liked by my peers and it also assures myself to know that I’m a good person

A: My top three favorite things are my family/friends, volleyball, and Birria Tacos

A: After high school, I will attend Northwest Missouri State University to play volleyball and study physical therapy or kinesiology.

A: I’ve had a lot of amazing teachers but my favorite at West is Mrs.Mclean. She always made me feel important in the classroom and very personable. In her class, everyone is heard and she changes the perspective of writing and that’s always why I love writing now.

A: All I can say is enjoy your high school years! Get involved and this is the best time to try something new!

Jahlil Manago

A: I went from school before the announcement was made because of my release but when people started texting me at first I didn’t want to believe them. But then I received the e-mail with the list of names and the second I seen my name I just filled up with so much excitement

A: Basketball, Music, and Pizza

A: Continue my basketball career at the collegiate level and potentially make it to the pros.

A: Mr. Berinobis is my favorite teacher at west high. Cliff has been by my side pushing me to become not only a better basketball player but a better man since my 7th grade year. He’s taught me very valuable lessons about life that I hope to carry on with me for as long as I live.

Jada Smith and Jahlil Manago pose for Homecoming Court (Nicole Goodman)
1
View Story Comments
Donate to Wahawk Insider
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Waterloo West High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Knya Dellit
Knya Dellit, Reporter
(She/her) Knya Dellit is a Senior at West High and this is her first year on the Wahawk Insider staff. She is also  involved in theater, band and choir. Outside of Wahawk Insider you can find her in the community advocating for foster kids, in a good book or listening to Harry Styles or Gracie Abrams.