Categories:

Diddy do it?

Rapper and song artist Sean Combs, also known as “P Diddy” was arrested on sexual trafficking charges after being denied a 50 million dollar bond. So, what diddy do?
"P.Diddy" Posed, edited and captured by Atlantic Records.
“P.Diddy” Posed, edited and captured by Atlantic Records.
Atlantic Records

Sean John Combs was born November 14, 1969 in Harlem New York to his parents Janice and Melvin Earl Combs. Combs’ early childhood was not easy. Being raised by his widowed mother when his father was fatally shot while sitting inside his car on the block of Central Park West.

Following the passing of his father, Combs’ mother moved him and his sister Keisha to Mount Vern, New York where he graduated from Mount Saint Michael Academy in 1987, after high school Combs studied at Howard University, where, his abusive behavior allegedly began (1980’s) attacking his girlfriend at the time.

After dropping out of college in 1989, Combs found his love for music by working with Uptown Records as an intern, founding his record label on a few years later. “Bad Boy Records” is where he signed rap and R&B artists such as Lil Kim and the Notorious B.I.G.

In 1996 under the name Puff Daddy, Combs released his first single “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down,” which spent 28 weeks on Billboard’s Hot 100 list, peaking at number one. Through his record label Combs would release his debut album No Way Out was released on July 22, 1997.

Combs is a extremely well-known and a staple of early 2000s pop culture. Combs has been featured on many of MTV’s reality series, created a clothing brand and won Menswear Designer of the Year in 2004. He also has taken home three Grammy’s and was a brand ambassador for the vodka retailer “Circo.”

With his fame came power, along with the ability to live a lavish lifestyle. Combs was infamous for throwing the greatest parties, also known as “Diddy parties.” Diddy parties, or what some called “white parties”, were exclusive events hosted by Combs in his mansion in the Hamptons. These parties included hundreds of influencers and celebrities. Allegedly varieties of substances were distributed to guests in order to keep them “obedient and compliant.”  Combs has allegedly abused his guests mentally, physically and sexually after the cameras were turned off.

Combs in shock after losing bail appeal. (Elizabeth Williams)

CNN Entertainment says, “That allegedly included Freak Offs, Combs’ name for elaborate performances in which, according to the indictment, he is accused of drugging and coercing victims into performing extended explicit acts with male workers, beginning around 2009.”

Combs and his notorious parties have had the internet in shambles after his arrest last week. With recent attendees coming forward and sharing explicit details with the public, Combs has received extreme backlash.

Combs was denied a 50 million dollar bail for the second time on Wed, Sep, 17, where he was ordered to remain in custody until his federal trial in New York, though he was found not guilty. Combs and his legal team have requested a release on bail due to the “horrific” conditions of the jail he is currently being held in.

Multiple witnesses who have worked alongside Combs have been meeting with federal prosecutors preparing themselves to testify against him in court. A 14-page indictment allegedly charged Combs with racketeering, sex trafficking by force and transportation to engage in prostitution. Combs can face life in prison if found for racketeering with a minimum sentence of 15 years.

This poll has ended.

Do you think Diddy should be charged?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

From popstar to criminal, Comb’s fall from stardom has shocked the world. Causing controversy all over the country, the world’s beloved “Puff Daddy” has fallen with serious career-breaking accusations. Now the real question is, Diddy do it?

Donate to Wahawk Insider
$25
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Waterloo West High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Karma Goodson
Karma Goodson, Opinion and Arts & Entertainment Editor
(She/her) Karma Goodson is a Senior at West High. This is her third year participating in the program making her one of the longest working staff members. Karma is now the Opinion as well as A&E Editor. Outside of class, Karma enjoys being by the water or having her head behind a camera.