Homecoming 2022 Information

Kaitlin Stanford, Reporter

West High’s 2022 Homecoming is fast approaching. Here is what you need to know to have a successful week.

Dress Up  Days

Monday- Anything But a Backpack

Students will be able to bring anything to school that is not a backpack. This can not be a living thing. No siblings, no pets.

Tuesday- BBQ Dads vs Soccer Moms

Students will be able to dress as they’re taking your kids to a soccer game or dress as a relaxed dad at the cookout.

Wednesday- Celebrity Day

Dress as any appropriate celebrity of your choice.

Thursday- Toga/Throwback day

For Seniors is Toga Day and for everyone else is throwback day which can range from a 90’s look or what you wore in elementary/middle school.

Friday- Float Day!

Students will dress in their grade’s float theme.

Freshman: ET

Sophomores: Jaws

Juniors: Jurassic Park

Seniors: Back to the Future

Powderpuff Football

Sunday, September 11th the Junior and Senior ladies will be playing in a flag football game. Come and cheer the ladies on at Memorial Stadium at 6 pm.

Homecoming Football Game

On Friday, September 16th there will be a Homecoming Parade that will honor the Homecoming Court and each class’s float. That night, the football team will play against Dubuque Senior at Memorial Stadium. JV will play at 5:30 pm and Varsity at 7:30 pm. The Homecoming King and Queen will be revealed immediately after the JV football game.

Homecoming Dance

Tickets are $10 and must be bought in advance at the business office. The Dance will be at West High School on Saturday, September 17th. The dance will take place from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Doors open at 7:00 PM and close at 8:30 PM. Students will not be readmitted upon leaving. Have fun, be safe, and make good choices!

Purchase a T-shirt

If you would like to purchase a homecoming T-shirt you can purchase one here. The deadline is Monday, September 12 at 10 am.