The Student News Site of Waterloo West High School

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Poll

What type of content would you like to see from the Wahawk Insider?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

It’s All A Blur – Big as the What?

Drake and J. Cole go on tour, here is a breakdown of their performance in Kansas City, Missouri
Drake and J. Cole playing chess
Billboard
Drake and J. Cole playing chess

J.Cole and Drake are both one of the top artists in the world.. Most people tend to say you can’t have too much talent on one stage, but according J. Cole’s song, Middle Child, “They act like two legends cannot coexist.” This lyric says they can have their talent on the stage together, and they were right.

The energy at the concert was unlike any other. Everyone in the building was excited and eager for the stars to get on stage, but they were very late. Meaning that an hour and a half had passed since the show was supposed to start. Although the wait was long, it was worth it.

Drake was on stage first, singing various songs he produced over many years. Those songs included Virginia Beach, Headlines, Started From the Bottom, Nonstop, God’s Plan, In My Feelings, Nice For What, One Dance and many more. Fans were pumped, loud and knew every word to every song. Although fans enjoyedDrake, you could tell people were waiting for J. Cole to perform.

After Drake’s performance, J. Cole took the show by storm. Fans cheered louder for J. Cole than Drake, and he proved why on the stage. J. Cole’s songs are legendary and known to all. While performing, he paused on the mic to let the crowd finish the lyrics. J Cole performed many songs, including G.O.M.D, Middle Child, Wet Dreamz, No Role Modelz, The London, A Lot and Love Yourz.

Once J. Cole finished his part of his performance, he was joined on the stage by Drake again. The two performed the very popular song, First Person Shooter, and their other collaboration, Evil Ways. J. Cole soon left the stage, leaving Drake alone again to finish out the concert. He finished off with songs including Rich Flex, IDGAF, You Broke My Heart, Search and Rescue and ended with Slime You Out.

When performing his last song, he invited a fan to the stage and sat him down under the massive bucket of green slime. Three of the Drakes’s Dancers had to decide if the invitee deserved to be “slimed out.” They all agreed that the bucket should be dumped, and gallons of green slime fell on the fan, ending the fantastic concert.

We asked West High if they would have gone to the concert and who they would have gone to see. With over 100 people in West High voting, it was soon decided that over half would have gone to see Drake, but let’s be honest, I’d be there for J. Cole.