Staff Member Of The Week: Mrs. Taylor

Lydia Parkhurst, Reporter

The very first staff member of the week for the 2022-2023 school year is Mrs. Ashley Taylor. Mrs. Taylor is a PBDA (performance-based diploma academy) math teacher and has been teaching for 10 years. With a three-year break for her family, she was excited and ready to come back to West High. When Mrs. Taylor is not in the classroom she likes to run and be with her family.

I like to start projects but don’t usually get to finish them.

— Mrs.Taylor

When asked what Mrs. Taylor’s reaction was to be the staff member of the week she said “I was so excited! Before I left they started doing the staff member of the week and I always wanted to be nominated.” In the end, Mrs. Taylor does think the chair and crown are the best part of being the staff member of the week

Mrs. Taylor’s nominator said “She organized a group of students to work on this (homecoming door decorating contest) project, helped them plan, and then supervised their work for the entire week. This group of students was highly engaged in Being West and were showing great school spirit during their time working with Mrs. Taylor. Mrs. Taylor’s ability to engage a group of students who may have otherwise been unengaged in school activity was noticed by our staff and we want to commend her for her work.”

If would you like to nominate a staff member for staff member of the week click here to fill out the form.