The Student News Site of Waterloo West High School

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Poll

What type of content would you like to see from the Wahawk Insider?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

500 Digs: Q & A with Bailey Schoepske Varsity Volleyball Libero

Nicole Goodman
Bailey Schoepske with her 500 Digs poster.
Bailey Schoepske getting ready to receive the ball.
(Jaeden Menuey)

Bailey Schoepske has been playing the sport of volleyball since age ten and after being on varsity for 3 years she’s become a critical part of West High’s Volleyball team. She proved that even more on September 26, when she reached her 500 dig milestone.

Every time she steps on to the court those watching can see her focus, including her coaches. “Bailey has always been one of those kids who was first to the floor. She just gives her all in everything. You know, she’s a multi sport athlete and really strives to put her best effort into everything that she does. We recognized it even as early as her freshman year. There was a question of who we were going to use as Libero and Bailey’s name came up even looking at her and camp. She just has great touch on the ball. She’s a good communicator, and she’s a great teammate and leader,” says coach A. J. Cassidy.

Q & A with Bailey

Q: What keeps you motivated as a player?

A: My teammates keep me motivated to keep playing and working hard.

Q:What has been the most pivotal part of your high school career?

A: The thing that has been the most challenging throughout my high school volleyball career was that we had a different head coach every year that I was on varsity.

Q: What advice would you give to a future West volleyball player?

A:Advice that I would give future West High players is control what you can control, keep working hard, and don’t take what you have for granted.

Q: How does it feel to reach a big milestone like 500 digs your senior year?

A:I was excited to hit 500 digs, especially on senior night.

Q: What has been the biggest thing pushing you towards success this year?

A: The biggest thing pushing me towards success this year is that it is my last year playing high school volleyball so I’ve taken it more serious and have really wanted to win more this year than past years.