The Student News Site of Waterloo West High School

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Poll

What type of content would you like to see from the Wahawk Insider?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

LifeLab Strives to Create Meaningful Experiences for High School Students

You may wonder, what is LifeLab?  What is the purpose? LifeLab started around the Spring of 2018, first in Elementary schools then making its way into middle and high school areas, as LifeLabs are something that can leave a meaningful message with the students involved. Not only could it leave a message with students but can also show them very memorable experiences and moments that they can always look back on.

All LifeLabs have some sort of meaning to them; they all want to prove something or create some sort of an impact. LifeLabs are designed to educate students and set them up for success. They aim to show the big impacts behind things that students really need to know about the world after graduating. Some LifeLabs are centered on behavior and how students should act and treat others, not only during school hours but all of the time.

LifeLabs have five core goals centered around the impact it will have on the students. The five themes include things like heritage, leading to changes, academic skills, showing the parts of being in the community and even diverse career opportunities.

Current LifeLab Experiences