The Student News Site of Waterloo West High School

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Wahawk Insider

Poll

What type of content would you like to see from the Wahawk Insider?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

New Music to Pay Attention to

New music has been announced for the start of 2024 and many music lovers are ready to hear the new tunes.
Up and coming music that is set to be released this month. Graphic made by Lucy Prescott. Elements used from Spotify, Vogue and GRAMMY.com

Music is ever evolving and changing as time goes on. It is a big part of culture and and influenced, touched and moved many. Friday is a very big day in the music industry, it is the day of the week where artists will drop their hard work for the world to hear. This music can be released as a single, an album or a track.

Recently, the band, The Last Diner Party, released an album, “Prelude to Ecstasy”. This 12 song album was released on February 2, lasting 41 minutes. This is their first studio album and as a band they work with Island Record. Paul Macartney also released music. McCartney re-released his music, “Band On The Run” with the band Wings. In 1975, Beatles member, John Lennon told Rolling Stones Magazine that “Band On The Run” was a “great song” later adding “It’s good Paul music”.

This following Friday, February 9, singer Madi Diaz is set to release “Weird Faith” with Anti- Records. Diaz has risen to the fame recently with her part of playing in The Love Band alongside Harry Styles for his tour, Love on Tour. Her album is set to have 12 tracks after previously releasing two singles. Also coming out on February 9, Noah Kahan will be releasing more music for his album Stick Season(We’ll All Be Here Forever)”. He is set to release two more duets that are Paul Revere with Gregory Alan Isakov and You’re Gonna Go Far with Brandi Carlie. With those two songs he is also set to release a new song, Forever, after it became popular on the social media app, TikTok.

On February 11, Usher will be releasing is ninth studio album days before his big Super Bowl LVIII halftime performance. He recently revealed his track list showing features from Burna Boy, Latto, 21 Savage and others. On a post he made on January 31, he captioned it “U been asking … so I had to deliver” before dropping his track list.

Lizzy McAlpine will be releasing her new song, Older, on February 13th. Lizzy has recently been gaining a lot of her traction from her hit song, Ceilings, that blew up as a trend on TikTok. In the past, as of 2020, McAlpine has released 2 albums. Could this be a hint for a new album on the way?

On Feburary 16, Jenifer Lopez will be releasing her spin off of “This Is Me…Then” with her new album, “This Is Me…Now”. This album will be Lopez’s first studio album in a decade. Her first single was released on Jan. 10, letting fans get a look of what was to come. Wallows, an indie band, are set to be releasing their new album called “Your Apartment”. It was announced Jan.31, 2024 and was available for presale Feb.6, 2024. This will be Wallows third studio album.

The band MGMT has recently announced they will be releasing their new album Loss of Life. This will be released on February 23rd, allowing fans to take a listen to their new music to wrap up the month of February. This will be MGMTs 7th studio album on top of all their singles that they have released.